30:34
@OOOTLAM
I wonder when YouTube will start selling Secular Koranism videos!
31:38
@OOOTLAM
The aspiration of humanity for theosis found in Orthodox Christianity goes all the way back to Adam and Eve.
32:56
@OOOTLAM
Cannibals think eating the flesh of their enemies allows them to acquire the power and energy of their defeated and deceased enemies. The Eucharist is arguably a performance of theosis.
34:36
@OOOTLAM
Caleb Maupin has a theory about Hollywood propaganda.
37:25
@OOOTLAM
YawnGod was mentioning Network which I have a memory of enjoying but on reading the summary it seems I do not remember the plot at all!
43:20
@OOOTLAM
It is possible to no longer be Christian and still believe in God such as the Founding Fathers.
44:35
@OOOTLAM
Quite an interesting chat yesterday on Jacob's channel about "atheist theology". I have clipped three of the conversations in case anyone's interested.
46:02
@OOOTLAM
I have known people promoting paganism who obviously didn't believe in it. Extraordinary!
49:42
@OOOTLAM
If the purpose of our life is to show we know the difference between good and evil in theory and in practice to get to heaven, then God has to allow evil so we can choose between evil and good.
50:08
@chrishoward8473
OSK, I am seeing our current conversation about faith and deconstruction.... I am a bit skeptical that you would allow us to stay in that space.
50:27
@OOOTLAM
I was going crazy in Luke's stream asking that question with Jess who does not get it after so long.
50:53
@OOOTLAM
@chrishoward8473 I wanted to answer the Job question, that's all. Then I'll go.
51:18
@chrishoward8473
what question are you referencing?
51:27
@OOOTLAM
About Job!
51:35
@OOOTLAM
About the problem of evil.
52:09
@OOOTLAM
We can do it another time, of course.
52:27
@chrishoward8473
I'm not connecting the problem of evil with deconstruction
53:02
@OOOTLAM
Tunji is saying something quite interesting so I don't want to interrupt him.
53:36
@OOOTLAM
When you say deconstruction, you mean losing your faith, don't you? All these new words!
54:31
@OOOTLAM
Perhaps it was a YouTube exorcism!
56:25
@OOOTLAM
Exorcism is a public ritual that satisfies the exorcised's desire for attention.
58:17
@OOOTLAM
It's is a kind of speaking in tongues ritual eg being a Holy Roller. And maybe something to do with David saying he didn't mind looking silly when he was worshiping God.
58:21
@stefaniecristos8514
Tunji, good thing God can use all for good, even Youtube videos by cynical deconstructionists.
1:00:17
@OOOTLAM
It is a matter of taste. Jews look silly wearing a box on their head. Muslims look silly with their bums in the air doing their prostrations.
1:00:24
@stefaniecristos8514
But I think I get it - when sociologist Clara first came into TLC, I did not like it because she was studying it. Next thing you know, she was participating!❤
1:01:23
@OOOTLAM
@LIBERALARTS-b6y We must think of it as a kind of shop display, mixing and matching ...
1:01:49
@OOOTLAM
@stefaniecristos8514 I am a bit of an anthropologist myself!
1:02:30
@OOOTLAM
I am a religious, political and social anthropologist.
1:03:05
@stefaniecristos8514
ARTS, the Anglican morning prayer and scripture readings are for EVERYONE. He’s not celebrating an Anglican eucharist.
1:03:35
@OOOTLAM
@LIBERALARTS-b6y It's all re-arranging the deckchairs basically. Do you listen to the Muslim-Christian theological debates?
1:03:40
@stefaniecristos8514
That’s your cynicism calling it cosplay
1:04:58
@OOOTLAM
I do like the richness of the words in BPC. My SK UK Project would be to remove all references to the Trinity from the BPC and keep the flavour of it.
1:05:39
@stefaniecristos8514
Ron is prosperity gospel? If so, he’s not exactly the poster child for it working. Silly.
1:06:19
@OOOTLAM
It is true that ritual is very important to many but it is merely showmanship and performative. The heart of the religion is its scripture and principles.
1:06:39
@SeekingGenuine
This is beautiful
1:06:53
@SeekingGenuine
And resonating so deeply in me this morning
1:08:06
@OOOTLAM
I knew it! All this angst is because most people are still not getting it about the purpose of our life if we believe in the afterlife!
1:08:23
@stefaniecristos8514
Fair enough, ARTS…. I don’t know what’s in Ryan’s heart - or yours, for that matter. Besides, none of us are totally “pure”.
1:08:48
@OOOTLAM
I don't have a problem at all with Ryan using the BPC. I am glad he is using it.
1:09:10
@SeekingGenuine
When I have felt lost and broken and falling apart I was convinced God wasn’t there, and now I know he was with me and was the biggest reason I could get through those times
1:09:39
@OOOTLAM
People remember words and these words give comfort. We are more likely to remember words if they come from well-constructed sentences.
1:10:45
@OOOTLAM
@LIBERALARTS-b6y Ryan's denomination is a bit murky even when you ask him and he answers. This is what I have noticed about many Americans.
1:11:19
@OOOTLAM
@LIBERALARTS-b6y Ha! There are so many Catholic elements still i the BPC including praying for the Holy Catholic Church!
1:12:16
@stefaniecristos8514
What’s BPC stand for?
1:12:31
@OOOTLAM
There is virtually no denominational loyalty in most Americans. It is about their loyalty to their social club, and the fact that they move so often means they have to take their church as it comes.
1:12:40
@OOOTLAM
Book of Common Prayer
1:12:56
@stefaniecristos8514
Ah, of course! Thanks.
1:13:26
@OOOTLAM
"Dust to dust, ashes to ashes .... Till death do us part." It should be till divorce do us part after Henry VIII allowed divorce.
1:15:29
@OOOTLAM
It is only a matter of time before Americans finally understand that the Founding Fathers were heretical Christians making them closer to being Muslim than Christian.
1:16:26
@stefaniecristos8514
In BPC, catholic is not capitalized, so it means “universal”, not the denomination.
1:16:43
@OOOTLAM
Suffering is punishment for sin and also expiation.
1:16:53
@OOOTLAM
Suffering is the price we have to pay for pleasure.
1:17:31
@OOOTLAM
@stefaniecristos8514 I know that's what Anglicans say but the BPC actually comes from the Old Sarum Rite which was Catholic.
1:18:22
@SeekingGenuine
I don’t disagree with that Claire. But I want to add that I think we can more often suffer because of the sin and pleasure of another/not our individual choices
1:18:46
@SeekingGenuine
Not JUST our individual choices*
1:19:18
@OOOTLAM
If you read the very long Foreward of the BPC, it explains how it came to be. Henry VIII knew the peasants would never shut up if they noticed a change in ritual or even the wording of a prayer.
1:20:54
@OOOTLAM
@SeekingGenuine There is a very good children's story which I shall dig out which actually explains the point of suffering. I'll read it out in a livestream when I find it.
1:21:11
@SeekingGenuine
Yes please, Claire π
No comments:
Post a Comment